If you're looking for a place to live in Lake Charles, you're probably seeing two main options - Lake Charles Apartments and mobile homes.
The big question is, what's the difference between the two? Why would you live in a mobile home instead of an apartment.
Living in an apartment definitely has a number of benefits, including:
- DFY Maintenance - when you live in an apartment, major maintenance is taken care of for you, which means you don't have to hire someone if you have an issue provided the apartment complex addresses maintenance issues (unfortunately, some respond slowly or not at all).
- Community - we're living in a world that's spending more and more time on Facebook, which means we're actually less and less connected in real life. Living in a community gives you opportunities to meet new people and establish new relationships.
- Location - Lake Charles has a lot of apartment complexes, which means you have your choice of location. Naturally, better locations mean higher rental rates.
- Amenities - Nicer apartment complexes often have a number of amenities like dog walks, laundry rooms, and outdoor areas where you can meet your fellow residents.
Now, let's talk about the negatives of living in an apartment:
- Shared Walls - There's nothing worse than paper-thin walls and noisy neighbors when all you want to do is relax or sleep.
- Inconvenient Parking - When you live in a house, parking is usually very convenient - just steps from your door. That means you won't be carrying groceries or boxes across the parking lot and you'll likely feel more secure knowing you don't have far to walk.
- Shared Common Areas - Aside from the occasional balcony, apartments don't have much in the way of private outdoor space, unlike houses which often have a yard.
- Lack of Natural Light - Because of the way they are built, apartments usually only have windows on one or two sides, which means you'll have less natural light (and natural light is related to happiness levels).
What if you could get all of the positives and none of the negatives?
Smith Village - All the Benefits of Apartment Life Without the Negatives
At Smith Village, you can enjoy all of the benefits of living in an apartment with none of the negatives when you live in one of our modern, clean mobile homes.
- No Shared Walls - Say goodbye to paper thin walls and say hello to peace and quiet.
- Convenient Parking - Unlike apartments, you'll be able to park right beside your home (no more carrying groceries up the stairs or across the parking lot).
- Your Own Private Yard - You'll have your own private yard right outside your front door where you can relax, play or BBQ.
- Lots of Natural Light - Because you won't be sharing walls with your neighbors, you'll enjoy more windows and more natural light.
- Community - Smith Village has a large community of residents ranging from families to people in town for work in the energy industry.
- Location - You'll be located on Nelson road just minutes from shopping, grocery stores, movie theaters, restaurants and other local attractions.
- DFY Maintenance - If you have an issue, just let our professional manager know and the issue will be resolved.
- Amenities - At Smith Village, you'll enjoy a number of amenities where you can also meet your fellow residents.
Call us today at (337) 478-9370 for availability (our beautiful homes rent quickly).